The holidays are a time many of us reflect on the things we can be thankful for in our lives. In fact, a daily gratitude initiative has gone viral on Facebook –a lot of my friends have been posting notes of thanks each day this month. I’m starting to see some common themes of things people are thankful for, such as:
Things we can too easily take for granted:
- Fresh air
- Running water
- A good night’s sleep
Other posts are a little more personal and “to each his own:”
- Puppy dog kisses – Hard for me to believe, but some people are just not into them.
- Split-pea soup – Not my cup of tea.
- Bacon – I love it, my daughter does not. I know… WHAT?
- Snow – Seems to be a “love it or you hate it” kind of thing.
- Your team’s win at the big game – You do realize the other team had to lose!
And others have a hint of sarcasm:
- Traffic – Thankful to have a car and a place to go.
- A heap of laundry – Blessed to have my own washer and dryer, electricity, running water.
- Stain remover – Need I say more?
- Leaking roof, broken window – At least I have a place to call home!
Still others are a little sappy, but 100 percent true:
- Our community - What a great place to live!
- Our employer - Susquehanna is a fabulous place to work!
With that, I say thank you. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read the Susquehanna blog and reflect on the things you are grateful for in your life. What are you thankful for?