Usually our mindset during the next few months is all about family get-togethers, holiday shopping, yummy festive foods and how we’re going to lose those unwanted “holiday” pounds. While most of us would be overjoyed with a less stuffed belly, what if our bellies were left grumbling this holiday season? Not so fun. With today’s economic challenges, more and more families are celebrating their holidays with less each year. According to Feeding America, in the communities our bank serves, there are more than 4 million people who don’t have sufficient, reliable sources of food. To help combat those stats, Susquehanna will launch its third annual #Tweet2Feed campaign on Thursday, Nov. 1!
Last year’s success was incredible – we donated over 285,000 meals to food banks in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and West Virginia! Since #Tweet2Feed’s inception in 2010, we have donated nearly half a million meals! Now that’s what we call “Doing What Counts” in our communities!
This year, our goal is even bigger! We’re hoping to donate 300,000 meals! That’s HUGE! You want to help, right? Here’s how you can contribute!
Now through December 31:
- Follow us on Twitter and/or Like us on Facebook and we’ll automatically pledge 10 meals to local food banks (that’s 20 for doing both!).
- Retweet one of our #Tweet2Feed tweets during the campaign and/or share one of our Facebook posts, and we’ll pledge 5 meals (that’s 10 for doing both!).
- New this year – view our #Tweet2Feed YouTube video and we’ll pledge 5 meals! http://youtu.be/Wcycqp1JHQE
In just a few minutes, you can donate 35 meals! You’re also spreading the word to your family, friends and co-workers and they can join in our campaign!
But that’s not it! Susquehanna will donate up to 50 meals to local food banks for every new personal checking account opened:
- 25 meals for opening a new personal checking account
- 5 meals for establishing direct deposit
- 5 meals for enrolling in e-statements (you’re not only helping a family in need but also helping our environment – double score!)
- 5 meals for signing up for online banking
- 5 meals for enrolling in Bill Payment
- 5 meals for opening a VISA Check Card
If you’re already a Susquehanna Bank customer, you can add meals by adding the services mentioned above to you own account!
Please help us this holiday season and join in our campaign – in just a few minutes you can make a big difference! Special thanks to our #Tweet2Feed food bank partners for their support of this campaign, and, most of all, for their support of our communities: Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Philabundance, Second Harvest Food Bank of Lehigh Valley and NE Pennsylvania, Greater Berks Food Bank, The Weinberg Food Bank, Maryland Food Bank, Community Food Bank of New Jersey – Southern Branch, Food Bank of South Jersey and Mountaineer Food Bank.