Valentine’s Day was almost six months ago – the chocolates have been eaten, the flowers are long gone, the busyness of summer has set in, and you can’t even remember when you had a night out. Maybe it was Valentine’s Day, who knows?
Don’t get too discouraged. It is National Resurrect Romance Week, after all! Why not spark up that romance once again and show your little sweetie that Valentine’s Day doesn’t just happen in February. It can happen in the middle of August, too!
Ladies: I don’t know about you, but for me date nights don’t always have to be indulgent and expensive. That’s nice every so often but we’re saving for a new house! There are plenty of cost effective and fun date ideas that you and your loved one can do – especially during the warm summer months! Here are a few ideas:
- Have a picnic – Pack a meal and head to a local park, your backyard or even your living room floor! Add a candle for some extra flair!
- Go to a drive-in movie: Check out our June 6 blog entry for drive-in theaters in the area!
- Go hiking: All you need are your feet and some pretty comfy shoes – pretty cheap to me!
- Go to an amusement park/water park: You don’t have to have kids to enjoy a day at an amusement park!
- Camp in the backyard: Save money on gas and tent site rentals and just set up camp in your backyard! At least you know you’ll have a clean bathroom for the night!
- If you have kids like we do: We try to make a habit of sitting on our front porch with a lit candle and drink after the kids go to sleep. It’s not a night out but it’s nice to sit with each other and have an adult conversation!
Speaking of kids, it’s not only important to have a night out with your spouse but it’s also a great idea to take your kids out on a date, too! What a special treat for your son or daughter to have a date with just you. That love tank will fill right up – not only theirs but yours, too! Here are a few kid-friendly date ideas:
- Go out for ice cream: Make their week by letting them get any sundae they want!
- Take them to see a movie: Kid friendly, of course!
- Play date at the park: Take them to the playground and actually play with them – go down the slides, swing, hang on the monkey bars and be a kid!
- Go for a bike ride: Take a ride around your neighborhood or pick a trail and pack up your bikes!
- Have a picnic: This one works great with kids, too!
- Manis and Pedis with your daughter or mud fights and water gun battles with your son!
There are plenty of things you can do to keep that fire going all year long. Share your ideas and tips for inexpensive dates in the comment section below!